Saturday, 26 January 2013

Illustration Friday - 'Wings' (etc...)

I made this today, and did a few other blackbird sketches ~


This week's Illustration Friday topic fit pretty perfectly with my next children's book project!

The story is still in its early stages, but basically it'll be about a baker named Leo who gets his donuts stolen by a gang of blackbirds.

This is what Leo looks like right now. He's not sad here, just really, really sleepy because his job takes a lot out of him. And he's a little over-worked if you ask me.

So really, this is a mini sneak-peek of my next children's book. And as usual, I'd love any feedback :) 

Soph x

4 comments:

  1. Sophie, I like this. Leo is a wonderful character,
    and all the birds that you drew in the other sheet are fine. these birds have something almost childlike, which makes it very interesting, I always thought that a picture book for children, should have illustrations with drawings as children draw. and this is exactly what I see here :)))
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! I love how silly and child-like animals can be, they're perfect for children's books really. Glad you like! :)
      Soph x

      Delete
  2. They are like a class of noisy naughty playfull children. I can imagine them making life hard for the baker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they do! But in a cute way. And they all become friends in the end :)
      Soph x

      Delete

I always appreciate comments!