Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Illustration Friday - 'Wool'

 photo cinnamonthefox6_zpsff4dc96d.jpg

I've been thinking for a while that it's about time I posted about needle felting. I can't believe I haven't really before... but this week's Illustration Friday theme has just pushed me to show you what else I do besides doodling and suchlike. And that's making little cute sculptures from wool.

 photo finishedneedlefeltedmousey_zpsdc7fd6e0.jpg

 photo makingamouse_zpse68e3f1b.jpg

I'd at this point like to give a shout-out to all those wonderfully wooly creatures out there that make needle felting possible. Anyway. Here's my latest creation, a mouse, with a sort of unclear 'step-by-step' image to show you how I made him. It's ridiculously simple to needle felt something, basically you use a special needle and stab some loose wool until it forms into something, then you add the eyes and stuff later by sewing them in.

I took up the hobby a few years ago and found that I really, really liked it, and people seemed to like what I made too, which made it even better. It's fun to just do when you're watching a film or something, and it's surprisingly relaxing. Those of you who have visited my Etsy site will have probably seen my woolen creatures before, but for those of you who haven't, here's a few others (I've made hundreds of things over the years, so to see more, visit my Facebook crafts page).

 photo 183701_115817895162226_115808205163195_123214_658544_n_zps58e07acb.jpg  photo fizzzgig_zps05f041fc.jpg  photo flowerbear1_zps9e91e83a.jpg  photo DSC00817_zps2de22497.jpg  photo sockmonkey2_zps17c87a58.jpg  photo jigglypuff6_zpsaca64523.jpg

I hope you guys like them! :D

Soph x

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I like them!!!!
    (the fox is my favourite)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I have a soft spot for that fox too - don't think I can bring myself to sell him.
      Soph x

      Delete
  2. Love them! The fox is my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are totally gorgeous! The monkey is my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thankyou Claire! I do have sort of a thing for sock monkeys myself :D
      Soph x

      Delete

I always appreciate comments!