Thursday, 17 September 2015

3D Printed Pugtato!

Recently, I was contacted by Eric Ho on Twitter - a 3D designer for Shapeways, which is a wesbsite that creates bespoke 3D printed sculptures. He asked if I would like to collaborate with him to create a 3D printed Pugtato! Of course I said yes - and it's been really exciting to see my original illustration become a physical, three-dimensional object! 3D printing really is the future :D

Pugtato is now available to buy here.


Eric kindly sent me a Pugtato all of my very own, and I can confirm that it is a really magical little object! It's printed in full-colour sandstone, with a slightly rough texture. It really does just look like a Pugtato should, and just has so much personality sitting on my shelf.



I just adore it, and hope I can collaborate with Eric in the future to re-create more of my characters as physical sculptures! Read more about the collaboration here on 3Dprint.com, and here on the Shapeways blog.

Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments!